- Leverages existing sensing technologies to reduce congestion through ACC software changes
- Using history trajectories to achieve anticipative driving and reduce congestion requires significantly less processing power than machine learning
- As automated driving systems advance by adding additional sensors, this data can be added via software to produce more history trajectory data, which can further improve driver anticipation capabilities
- Faster: Reduces preparation time from several hours to minutes
- Simplified: Generates complex patterns, including perfusable channels, using light-triggered polymerization of synthetic hydrogels and photomasks rather than current equipment-intensive methods that use laser-based patterning or ablation techniques
- Lowers regulatory burdens: Using synthetic rather than biological matrices simplifies regulatory hurdles, increases reproducibility from batch to batch, and increases tunability of the mechanical and biochemical properties of the matrix
Lower cost: Replacing fluorescent markers and readout methods with impedance detection has the potential to significantly decrease the cost of the assay.
Transportable: Impedance measurements in microfluidics can be made transportable, which can potentially enable point-of-care applications, as electronic elements are more durable than optical elements.
Practical: Identification of COVID-19 antibodies in COVID-positive serum samples has already been demonstrated.
- Increased efficiency: Autonomous operation ensures accurate placement of components and creates high success rates for experiment completion.
- Decreased human effort: Performs typical ligand-gated ionotropic receptor experimentation protocols autonomously for up to a tenfold reduction in operator interaction time over the duration of the experiment
- Higher experiment yield: Rapidly replicates previous datasets, reducing the time to produce an 8-point concentration response curve from weeks of recording to ~13 hours of recording
- Fast: The optimized pore structure of the PSAP beads allows fast and selective absorption of water, greatly reducing standard processing time.
- Cost effective: Microalgae harvesting with PSAP beads cuts costs, as it does not require any complex instrument and little training is needed to operate the harvesting procedures.
- Scalable: PSAP beads can be produced in large quantities at a significantly lower cost than conventional harvesting tools.
- Enhances solidification: Incorporating highly localized agitation via a stirring whip rod, this technology seeds solidification to improve this often-arduous phase of PCM thermal cycling.
- Prevents scale build-up: This technology reduces the instance of sheets of solid PCM forming on the heat sink. The high-frequency, extensible whip rod orbits around the passageway to facilitate nucleation (creating improved solidification), while preventing scale build-up on the interior passageway surfaces.
- Customizable: The structural design allows the platform to be tailored to the effective density of the PCM material, enabling it to stay between the liquid and solid phases.
- This innovative bipolar membrane design dissociates water at a low voltage and provides a tunable membrane with a green method for large-scale manufacturing.
- Polyvinyl alcohol-based bipolar membrane designs reduce energy costs, maintenance, and toxic chemical usage.
- This polymeric bipolar membrane is widely applicable across industries, including fuel cells, hydrogen production, carbon capture/conversion, wastewater treatment, and battery-based technologies.
- Submersion allows rapid determination of water activity (aw) levels onsite, without returning samples to a bench-top aw system in a lab
- In-situ measurement capabilities can inform other kinds of sampling decisions very rapidly, allowing discretionary sample collection
- Membrane is permeable to water vapor but not liquid water, preventing liquid (or other media) from entering the sample volume, reducing contamination and protecting the electronics
- Direct electronic detection: This innovation provides direct detection of biomarkers as a simple electronic readout without the use of any intermediate optics.
- Multiplexed: The device can simultaneously detect multiple biomarkers (e.g., a four-plex chip to detect IgG and IgM antibodies against spike or nucleocapsid antigens).
- Portable: A handheld, cellphone-interfaced reader is designed to enable detection and monitoring of diseases in remote areas for sensitive yet inexpensive point-of-care use.